A few weeks back, the lovely folks at Garlic Gold offered to send me a sampling of their products to review. Since I was already a fan of the product, I was super excited about this opportunity and practically jumped up and down when I saw this array of goodies on my doorstep.
blah, blurry iPhone…
However, given the array of products I had to try out, I knew I wanted to give it another shot using one of Garlic Gold’s other flavors. I am usually on a HUGE avocado kick come June, so I decided to whip up a batch of what I thought was going to turn out like guacamole.
Kinda looks like hummus. Hmmmmph.
At first I was a little disappointed, since I’m a sucker for the beautiful green color of typical fresh guacamole. But after just one taste, I knew this wasn’t a mistake! The finish product had a lighter more summer-appropriate texture, which I loved. The roommates loved it too.
Oops… it’s “Gavatonion” (Garlic, Avacado, Tomato, Onion) Dip?
- 1 avocado
- 1-2 Roma tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced Vidalia onion (about 1/4 of a medium-sized onion)
- 1/4 cup fat-free greek yogurt (I used a little bit of CHO!)
- a few dashes of Tabasco to taste (I think I added about 15 shakes of the bottle…around here, we like things HOT!)
- the juice of 1 lime
- 2 generous tablespoons of Garlic Gold
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Garlic Gold Southwest Nuggets
- Dice up the tomato and onion. Toss ‘em in the food processor.
- Slice the avocado in half and remove the pit. Scoop out the good stuff. Put that in the food processor too.
- Measure out the Garlic Gold, Tabasco, salt, pepper, and Garlic Gold Southwest Nuggets, and throw ‘em right in.
- Add in the Greek yogurt. Turn on the food processor and let it do it’s thing for a minute or two.
- Once the mixture has reached the consistency you want (I like it smoooooth), scoop it out the dip and serve it with the dipper of your choice. I used some whole wheat crackers because it was all we had on hand at the time. Some freshly sliced red peppers would be deeeelish too!
Garlic Gold wants to offer one of you the chance to try some of their products too!
Just leave a comment telling me what you’d make with Garlic Gold if you won.
US only! Sorry!
I’ll announce the winner on Monday.